Friday, May 18, 2007

food food and MORE FOOD!!!

god help me...i just keep thinking of cooking..what to buy to cook..how to cook..what to cook with..what sauce to buy..planning my budget...that i cant even study..my brain keeps drifting...here are some pics...let them speak for themselves (show how crazy i am now...) i am very far behind in my readings (seriously, haven completed those tt were taught 2 weeks ago) cos everyday just keep thinking of food and cooking...haha..


baked tomato bread and wheat bran salad


creamy egg noodles


mixed vegetables in fruit juice topped with diced tomatoes and dried apricots


mock laksa
--definitely not spicy cos i don take spicy stuff..hee~


tacos and fish salad drizzled with sweet and sour tomato dressing


diced pork with mashed bread in dark lemon sauce
--i decided to use this as a spread for my bread too..delicious!
mixed veg--potato,mushrooms and cabbage soup with lemon and tomato salsa

lamb, rolled oats and pasta kebab with tofu skin
--one of the few kebabs tt i tried..hmm, at long last my love for kebabs is satisfied..can make 1 for myself in sg..kaka..
--decided to make it "international" too..tts why it has chinese, and western elements in it..the bread is a lebanese bread and i used chinese lemon sauce, dill and mustard sauce and italian chunky tomato sauce..hahah anyhow mix tgt but it tastes nice :)
the filling in my kebab
i now have 2 more veggies to add to my list of "edible veg"..
avocado and mushrooms
k k..tts all for now..

6 comments:

xinn_86 said...

Dont worry, you're prefectly normal here...just that sometimes you're too xian3 with study and want to do sth else... You can try to take a walk when the weather is nice...it will help you to feel better during exam period...

I tried to make many many different kinds of "food" here also...cakes and biscuits...
But almost all "products" cant be eaten.. mmm.. due to the reason our toilet is too small for 3 stomachache ppl...

miaowsmiles said...

hey yixin...no la..i saw some of the cakes you baked that you all posted ah..and i remember you telling me tt u can bake cakes and like to bake too..me...i'm hopeless at baking! hahah..but i wld love to try one day..i shd learn from you :)

the weather's getting cold now here le..although it wont be s cold as winter in copenhagen..hee!yup, but walking's a good idea..sumtms i purposely go out to walk at night to buy groceries and stuff so tt it's cold and my body has to expend more energy to make me feel warmer...when i return, i usu want to eat more and yup, can justify my eating more too..kaka..

all the best to u and yt for exams wo..JIAYOU!!!

MP said...

hey sl! u cook sooooo well!!i would think that the pictures u posted are taken from a restaurant if you din tell us tt they are all your masterpiece!must let us try when u go bck sg ok??:)


anw, all the best to u, yx n yt!work hard and play hard!i will go back to sg n malaysia soon,which implies that my exchange life will b over very soon, pls cherish yours..

Yeok Tho said...

yx's "pdts" are edible la! maybe she has too high expectations. and no, never did the 3 of us got dirrhoea at the same time!! hehe..

wah, mp said the food you made looks like those from restaurants wor.. heee.. yeah, you really cook A LOT now. you NEVER did that in ntu! unfair!! otherwise i could've got the chance to try!!

yup, winter's coming for you. so, keep warm yah! :)

Anonymous said...

yx, I suspect you're trying to open a restaurant soon. Are those promotion pics for your products when your restaurant opens?? haha....I'm now having my internship here... working life is really quite tiring, nevertheless, I enjoy working in MAS....

xinn_86 said...

hui,

these pics are from another blogger, SL, who is in AUS now...

Dont tell me you have been confusing 4 of us in the past few months!!!!

haha, happy PA-ing