Tuesday, May 01, 2007

kids and development

i have started working here..to my dear bao bao..you think too highly of me, i wont be able to get an internship tt easily..the work i got is nothing as high class as an internship..

i am working as an after sch child care worker near a primary school. you basically prepare afternoon tea and supervise the kids during play and coach them with any homework if they need help. There's also the washing up, cleaning the toilets and learning to handle any quarrels between kids.
i work for about 3 and a half hrs a week with a vietnamese guy who is born in aussie and studies medicine in UQ.

i love this job cos i love kids and some of them are reali lovely. they are so cute and pretty i wld definitely love to take their pics but due to the nature of the job, i am not allowed to. they call me by name and especially those kids from prep school, they can be reali sweet and it warms my heart everytime i see their smiles.

also, i have been to a development discussion on climate change and justice with an NGO--Oxfam Australia, which is linked to Oxfam international. I met some reali great people there who share the same interests as me in development issues. we bring our food there to share--potluck, and after a presentation by the speaker we have some discussion before dinner. it was great sharing my views and hearing what others have to say which reali enriched my knowledge!

i also got to noe a lovely canadian lady who shared with me a romantic love story of how she met her brisbane bf years ago during a thailand trip. they are getting married next year.

i will be attending a fairtrade seminar and discussion next fri at UQ where i will learn about fairtrade coffee, forest conservation and the fairtrade system. i'm looking forward to it but hopefully it wont come so soon cos i have an essay due then! wish me luck as i struggle with words again..

sigh....

take care to all (",)

2 comments:

xinn_86 said...

OMG
ShuLing I am so impressed
U-R-GREATTTT---

I *really* feel like you're an angle...

miaowsmiles said...

hey...no lah..i'm not good enough to be an angel..

angels do small things that touch pple's lives in a big way..like when you translate a song for ur fren who was depressed or when you give sumone confidence when they are low and dejected : )

you shd noe who i'm talking abt....